Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eastern Promises

Josh is Back! Yay! Someone to annoy and harrass. And I started bright and early.

Around 6:45am this morning, I awoke Josh, who altogether-due to his trip- has had about 10 hours of sleep in the past two days- and told him I wanted to see the sunrise from our porch.




Knowing nothing about watching sunrises, I proceed to cajole him with promises of blankets and hot cocoa (neither of which I had any intention of providing)- and letting him know that the sun will be out soon at 7:18am.




We get outside, and I enthusiastically begin snapping pics of our sunrise adventure. Josh angrily awaits on the porch (he loves romantic notions- but rarely wants to play them out-too much work he says).



We sit in the morning cold for about 10 minutes before I realize that its getting brighter outside, but from our great view;


we aren't seeing any changing colors or sunrise activity...

That's when it occurred to me that the sun, rises in the east- and we have a western view.

Maybe we'll try for tonight's sunset...




Maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You won't believe it, but I did the very same thing with 6 of my close friends on Prom night right before graduating from high school... Yes, we bright HS grads we were. We decided to stay up all night after prom and watch the sun rise over the ocean. Except in CA, it doesn't rise over the ocean, it sets there, as we all realized while it got brighter and brighter on the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete